The Polytechnic and Monotechnic Library Foundation (POMLIF) in collaboration with Ifegrace Ventures Ltd and with support from Cambridge University Press, Havilah Merchants Nigeria Ltd, Bookworm Nigeria Ltd and Linkgibbor Ltd is organizing a national workshop with the theme: "Library Software and Electronic Resources Management: the Demand for New Skills and Best Practices".
- The Development of New Technologies in Library Practice: An Overview;
- Selection, Acquisition, Licensing, Evaluation and Monitoring Techniques for the Effective Implementation of New Technologies in Libraries: A Practical Approach;
- Effective Use and Management of E-Resources and Institutional Repositories: A Case Study of the Centre for Learning Resources, Covenant University Ota, Ogun State;
- An Overview of Sample E-resources: Science Direct, ProQuest, ebrary, EBSCOhost, E-Granary, JSTOR, LEXUS NEXIS, HINARI etc;
- An Overview of Sample Library Software: Millennium, Alexandra, Liberty, Dove Image, RFID Library Security Sysytem;
- Discovery Solutions/Integration: A Panacea to the Effective Use and Management of E-resources; and
- Library's Changing Role in the Information Economy: Strategies for Marketing Library Services and Positioning Same as a Hub for Learning, Teaching and Research.
Date: 13th - 15th August 2013
Venue: Centre for Learning Resources, Covenant University, KM 10, Idiroko Road, Canaanland, Ota, Ogun State.
Course Fee: =N=38,000 (Thirty Eight Thousand Naira Only) per participant. This covers tea break, lunch and course materials (course papers in CD formats, workshop bags and other complimentary items from sponsors).
Discounts: 10% discount for 5 participants and above from one institution/organisation and 5% discount for 3 to 4 participants from same institution.
For inquiries/confirmation of participation, please contact Ifegrace Ventures Ltd on 08023076763, 08032269627; Mr. Alukun N. A. - 08060727280; Mr. Ugwuogu O. - 08038780875; and Alhaji Toyyo N. - 08032378318.