NIGERIAN LIBRARY ASSOCIATION, ENUGU STATE CHAPTER
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Enugu State Chapter of the Nigerian Library Association (NLA) announces her 16th Annual Conference/AGM for the year 2016 holding as follows:
Date: Tuessday 22nd – Thursday 24th November, 2016.
Venue: National Library of Nigeria, Independence Layout, Enugu
Conference fee: Fifteen Thousand Naira (
N15, 000). The fee covers all conference materials,
lunch and conference proceedings.
CONFERENCE THEME: “Library Services and the Achievement of Sustainable Development Goals in the Digital Era”.
1. Evolving roles of Public Libraries in the digital age
2. Academic Libraries in Nigeria and Sustainable Development Goals
3. Makerspace in Libraries – gateway to collaborative learning in the digital age
4. Information literacy and critical thinking for National development
5. Enriching the lives of children for sustainable development through long vacation programme.
6. School library services for Sustainable Development.
7. Library services for the physically challenged in the digital era
8. Building researcher-librarians for sustainable development.
9. Libraries building digital collections for sustainable development
10. Promoting indigenous knowledge for achieving Sustainable Development Goals
11. Building strong Library Associations for National Development
12. Libraries, Webinars, MOOCs and Online Learning: gateway for National Development
13. Strategies for promoting Library Services to young people in the digital age.
14. Building the Digital Literacy Skills of Librarians for National Development.
15. Library Advocacy and partnership with NGOs for National Development.
Interested participants are hereby invited to submit full papers of not more than 18 pages double-line spaced with 12 point font size, processed in Times New Roman on any of the above sub-themes or any related topic under the general theme.
Deadline for submission of Full papers is Monday, October 31, 2016. Papers submitted after this date WILL NOT appear in the proceedings, but may be presented during the conference. Authors should include the name(s) and affiliations of the author(s) with functional e-mail addresses and submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: CONFERENCE PAPER! The file name should bear the author’s last name.
All submissions will be subjected to blind peer review by members of publication committee. Authors will be notified on the status of their submissions on or before October 15, 2016.
Format for Presentation: Accepted papers should be processed in not more than 20 slides for multimedia presentation during the conference.
Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings on payment of conference fee to the following bank account:
Name of Bank First Bank Nigeria Plc
Account Name: Nigerian Library Association, Enugu State Chapter
Account Number: 2014867846
Helen Nneka Okpala (CLN)
07031030171 (State Chapter PRO)